Thank you for your help to support BFUU in fulfilling its mission of “Building character, enriching spirits, promoting community, and serving humankind through spiritual growth and social action.”
You can donate by:
1. Check payable to “BFUU” dropped off or mailed to our office at 1606 Bonita Ave., Berkeley CA 94709 or put in basket at Worship Service.
- Donations with no memo, or “BFUU” written in memo will be credited to general contributions.
- Donations with “pledge” or “tithe” written in memo will be credited to donors pledge.
- Donations with "plate" will be credited to the Sunday collection plate. When the plate is shared with a partner organization, the split is 50/50 unless otherwise requested. See details of the shared plate program below.
- Donation with any special fund name will be credited to that fund, i.e. “solar” in memo will be credited to the Religious Education building solar project fund.
4. Cash can't be accepted at this time, but once the office re-opens, you can make an appointment to donate at the office Monday through Friday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM (to allow time for us to deposit before closing.) Be sure to call ahead of time to make sure we’ll be at the desk, and able to prepare your receipt for any cash donation/payment. Once Worship Services are held in Fellowship Hall again, cash will then also be accepted at Worship Service - please put cash in appropriate envelope (provided at service) and fill in the information requested.
SHARED PLATE PROGRAM:
BFUU often chooses a partner organization to share the donations made to the collection plate during worship services. Donations made to the plate are split 50/50 between BFUU and the plate partner, unless otherwise designated by the donor. The month's donations are tabulated in the middle of the following month (to allow for mailed donations to be included) and sent to the plate partner during the following check cycle.
BFUU is a 501(c)3 nonprofit religious organization. Your donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the IRS and other taxing authorities. Confirmation of our status is available here.